Thursday, June 24, 2010

Surprises

Just before the World Cup began my friend Ian foretold it would be one of surprises... well, he's been right so far!

Donovan's is probably more than a surprise, it's a miracle I bet he doesn't even believe...!!

With a heavy heart my sisters and I watched Italy loose today... had they played the full match, and the previous ones, as great as they did the last 20 mins of today's, it would have been another story! And we almost got evicted from my building for being "too loud"! Stefanie, my 6 yr old niece refused to support Italy, because her "favourite color is not blue... it's yellow!"

Keeping my fingers crossed for Brazil tomorrow, though I guess it's probably a safe bet to say they're through to the next round, right?

I'm dreading Sunday's games though, with 2 of my faves playing, surely the laws of the universe will allow at least one of them through? I'm always rooting for the underdogs and it certainly seems that Mexico & England will be the underdogs in their respective matches!

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Deb,
    There have been plenty of surprises, two major powerhouses -- Italy and France -- are out (has it ever been the case that the two finalists from the previous cup are knocked out in the 1st round?). To me the biggest surprise though is Japan. They've played a superb first round with very exciting style of play. 2nd Round should be a lot of fun. I think Mexico has a chance but it would have a much better chance with a halfway decent, rational coach. More about that later.

    ReplyDelete